Monday, July 10, 2006

First weekend gone by

Well, it's midnight and I'm at the office. I'm on my way home from a farewell dinner for some dudes that just finished their teaching term here, and I thought I'd stop to make a quick post.

I slept in on Sat until noon, almost. That was nice since I've been wide awake at 4:30 every morning prior to that. Then I tried to do work until about 7, got maybe an hours worth done. Went to the card game -made RM70. The card game ended at 11 because everyone was going to a club in Bangsar, about halfway from PJ (Petaling Jaya) to downtown KL (I live in PJ). Because I didn't want to miss anything, I went along. We got back at 4am and I slept till noon Sunday. I did some work until about 5:30 (got maybe an hours worth done) and went to a farewell dinner for some teachers that had been teaching here for the past few years. That was a lot of fun.

Anyway, to all the people that I went to highschool with, you'll never guess who I met at the dinner. She just flew in from Canada and is going to teach here for the year. Beth freakin' Ford!!! (It's been nearly 10 years since I last saw her).
Also, to the people I was with at Queen's, Elsa Baptista and Manny Avila are here!
Small world...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leo,
Yeah they're called hand phones in Korea too. And they're called cell phones here so you're not missing anything. :P

Beth Ford??? Wow! I actually ran into her in Toronto (at a friend of a friend's party) so it's only been a couple of years since I last saw her. It was shocking for me to run into her at a random party in Toronto but for you to run into her in Malaysia...what a feeling that would be. lol What a small world!

Tell her I said hello and glad to hear your first week was a hit.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like heaven - students who listen and work... Admit it though - you will never have as much fun playing cards as you did with the Fletcher's gang -- "I'm in, I'm in, I'm in....let's see the flop!"
Your lengthy posts are a fun read and let those of us who are less adventurous live through you!

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leo, I love you too - Lah! That's crazy that Beth Ford is there... tell her I say hello :) Hope you're settling in alright. Keep the posts coming, I love being able to check in and see what shenanigans you've been up to. Take care of you.
Love Jane

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home