Odds and Ends
This post was written before I left for my three week break in December. Unfortunately I had trouble uploading the pics and publishing it, so it has remained unposted until now. I will simply leave it below the way it was written at the time, and will do my best to write about my trip within the next week.
A trek from way back
The trekking club didn't do many treks this semester. Here are a few pics from one we did do. The lecturers on the trip:

I'm taking this pic from the edge of the cliff. Note how everyone is concerned about me falling...except Aaron!

The Germans visited!
Knut and Stephan dropped by with their friends on their way through KL. I mentioned that they were coming to a few other friends and it ended up ballooning into a fair number of people at my place. Stephan had his guitar, of course, and Aaron brought his. Chris Q even played a few songs -who knew!?! Either way, it was a great evening and great to see the Germans again. We are still keeping in touch and I am planning on taking them up on their invite to Germany (sometime in the next decade or two). If you guys read this, hope your travels are going well!
I don't have too many decent shots from the evening, unfortunately.


Head Shaving
Tim had the idea of shaving his head to raise money for Cancer Research. Mikey and I got on board and the three of us extended the idea. We grew our beards, and students voted on various patterns for us to shave into our beards. Following that event, the student council sold raffle tickets to the students. These tickets gave the recpient a chance at shaving part of one of our heads. It was a lot of fun! (Unfortunately I don't have many good pics of the event.)
-lq.jpg)
A trek from way back
The trekking club didn't do many treks this semester. Here are a few pics from one we did do. The lecturers on the trip:

I'm taking this pic from the edge of the cliff. Note how everyone is concerned about me falling...except Aaron!

The Germans visited!
Knut and Stephan dropped by with their friends on their way through KL. I mentioned that they were coming to a few other friends and it ended up ballooning into a fair number of people at my place. Stephan had his guitar, of course, and Aaron brought his. Chris Q even played a few songs -who knew!?! Either way, it was a great evening and great to see the Germans again. We are still keeping in touch and I am planning on taking them up on their invite to Germany (sometime in the next decade or two). If you guys read this, hope your travels are going well!
I don't have too many decent shots from the evening, unfortunately.


Head Shaving
Tim had the idea of shaving his head to raise money for Cancer Research. Mikey and I got on board and the three of us extended the idea. We grew our beards, and students voted on various patterns for us to shave into our beards. Following that event, the student council sold raffle tickets to the students. These tickets gave the recpient a chance at shaving part of one of our heads. It was a lot of fun! (Unfortunately I don't have many good pics of the event.)
-lq.jpg)

1 Comments:
An event that would def. go down in CIMP's histroical moments/events. Gutsy is all I will say...to all 3 of you!
Cheers
Ranee
Post a Comment
<< Home