Saturday, August 18, 2007

Headin South o the Equator!

I took Marc-Andre (one of the new lecturers) and Mikey out to Bukit Tabur, early last Sat morning; that was a lot of fun. I like this shot. It really reminds me of skydiving days: pics taken from inside the plane before making a jump.


Tomorrow morning I fly to Sumatra. I just realized that this trip to Sumatra will be the first time in my life that I've been south of the equator. I think that's kinda neat.

I have decided that there will be no surfing or diving. The prices around there for surfing are crazy; you can only surf with private charters -1 day of surfing basically pays for my entire trip. And though I really feel like getting some dives in, the diving is apparently not great around there and will not be worth it.

I still need to make some decisions about what I'm going to do. I've found that travelling a 250km distance by bus will take from 8 to 12 hours! Ok, gotta budget a liiiittle more time for covering distance.

Look out Sumatra. Here I come.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perjalanan bagus? (Good trip ?) Can't wait to hear your adventures south of the Equator...;> Ranee

6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And yep ... there he was in Sumatra ... climbed a volcano with us and had a nice motocross trip ... and an AMAZING 15 hours bus ride!

We were intending to climb the other Volcano today (the small one - the one for the girls and the Dutch people!) today, but the rain started up so heavy this morning that we just decided to skip it and wait till the Volcano slides down to us...

Put a few pics on our blog www.scholti.wordpress.com, but only in an Sumatra-computer-upload quality.

Thanks for the nice time we spent together... was really nice to meet you, Leon! Hope we'll meet in three weeks in KL!

Stephan & Knut from Germany


And hey: If one of your students reads this - guys, someone has to keep him guitar playing... he's doing quite well in his first trials!

1:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice picture mr.varga...
in that photo mr.plouffe look so nice and handsome

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

keep playing the guitar.

or the sax, at least.

P/s: canada 's real nice.

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Took a bit time and checked out your homepage ... really good pics! Really interesting to click around on your page - seems it sells that you always carry this heavy camera-monster with you!

Greetings, Stephan

5:55 PM  
Blogger Leon said...

Stephan and Knut: great to hear from you! Glad you got out of Sumatra before the earthquakes hit. Looking forward to seeing you guys in KL!

Farah: you're my biggest supporter! Glad you are enjoying Canada (or Montreal, at least)

To the anonym that said "Mr. Plouffe looks so nice and handsome": No annonymous postings on this blog! Gotta sign your name!

To everyone: Sorry that I haven't yet written about my week in Sumatra. It really was a fantastic week. I will do my best to make a post in the next few days.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate!Awaiting your update esp. your "Leon episode(s)".


Cheers
Everyone(Ranee)

12:50 PM  
Blogger Leon said...

Sorry Ranee (everyone), I know I'm really draggin my heels on this one

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home