A Sad Day
Marianne leaves tomorrow. So, we are a little sad today. I needed to come in to the office today (Sunday) to take care of a few things, so I thought I'd make a quick post; I will make a more detailed one later this week (and include some cool pics too!).
I had this last week off, so Marianne and I took advantage and did a little adventuring. First, we did a little trekking with TMC and a bunch of students. I'm really glad we did that because Marianne got to know some of the students a little.
After that we flew to the east coast and spent a few days snorkeling on Redang, a little island just off the coast. The water was spectacularly clear, and the marine life was amazing: we saw fishes and colours that I didn't know existed, black-tipped sharks, a cool huge turtle, and very neat coral. We spent a day after that on the east coast of the peninsula, checking out the very Malay state of Terrenganu. Marianne got a ton of stares! From both men and women! Of course, I figure they were really looking at me...uhhh the women that is:) Oh yeah, we also saw a bunch of monkeys while we were on the island.
We came back home and spent the next few days close to home. We went into downtown KL a few times: checked out Chinatown and Little India; walked through the central market; got some pictures of the Petronas towers; and took a day trip to the Batu Caves. These caves are home to a Hindu Temple. The caves themselves were monstrous. And the caves were crawling with monkeys. While the other tourists were feeding the monkeys, and taking pictures of the monkeys, playing with the monkeys, blah blah blah, Marianne and I hardly noticed them! There was also this giant gold statue there (off the top of our heads, we are not sure who it was a statue of, but I'll post a picture later). Either way, both the caves and the statue and temples were very impressive.
Ok, back to hanging out with Marianne and enjoying the time we have left.
I had this last week off, so Marianne and I took advantage and did a little adventuring. First, we did a little trekking with TMC and a bunch of students. I'm really glad we did that because Marianne got to know some of the students a little.
After that we flew to the east coast and spent a few days snorkeling on Redang, a little island just off the coast. The water was spectacularly clear, and the marine life was amazing: we saw fishes and colours that I didn't know existed, black-tipped sharks, a cool huge turtle, and very neat coral. We spent a day after that on the east coast of the peninsula, checking out the very Malay state of Terrenganu. Marianne got a ton of stares! From both men and women! Of course, I figure they were really looking at me...uhhh the women that is:) Oh yeah, we also saw a bunch of monkeys while we were on the island.
We came back home and spent the next few days close to home. We went into downtown KL a few times: checked out Chinatown and Little India; walked through the central market; got some pictures of the Petronas towers; and took a day trip to the Batu Caves. These caves are home to a Hindu Temple. The caves themselves were monstrous. And the caves were crawling with monkeys. While the other tourists were feeding the monkeys, and taking pictures of the monkeys, playing with the monkeys, blah blah blah, Marianne and I hardly noticed them! There was also this giant gold statue there (off the top of our heads, we are not sure who it was a statue of, but I'll post a picture later). Either way, both the caves and the statue and temples were very impressive.
Ok, back to hanging out with Marianne and enjoying the time we have left.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home