Thursday, October 19, 2006

Another Waterfall and Week Off!!

I went, last Sunday, with TMC, Nee On, and Amos to a very special town: Bentung (unsure of spelling). This is the birthplace of Mr. TMC! We couldn't find a giant statue of him anywhere, but we figure that it hasn't been built yet as he is still alive.
Anyway, we checked out a waterfall (Chamang) that the area is known for. Didn't have to trek to get to this one; An 8km road had been cut through the jungle to the waterfall. It was nothing spectacular, but it was still nice to be in the jungle again, even if we were in the comfort of Nee On's car.

We think that part of the reason we didn't appreciate the waterfall as much is that we didn't have to work to reach it. Had we trekked through dense jungle for 4 hrs to get to it, "we would have loved it," says Nee On. I agree.
As it was kinda cloudy, I got to play with the shutter speeds on my camera without having the sun completely wash out my photos:

Lots of fun:

We also stopped by some hot springs which were neat! The water was really hot, but the place was quite filthy so we didn't go in.
We also had Ais Kacang (which literally means iced beans). If remember correctly, this is blend of ice shavings, red and/or brown syrup, red beans, sweet corn, jelly, fruit, evaporated milk, and sometimes ice cream. It sounds not very appetizing, but it wasn't bad. Apparantly, Ais Kacang is the big daddy of all Malaysian deserts. We also stopped at a Ramadan Bazaar, which was cool.

I'm off all next week! I have no plans yet. I'm exhausted, and haven't been organized enough to plan anything. Got a few ideas, but I think I will take a few days to sleep, relax, and get some work done, then hopefully do some sightseeing...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its Bentong, in Pahang.

have a blasting holiday.

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Leon,
Getting caught up on the blog... you're doing a great job of keeping it updated, keep it up!

And as for your ankle, you make sure you rest it. If you don't let it heal properly, you may never find it goes "back to normal" (ok, done my nagging... I knew you missed it ;) )

Not much new here... I moved offices at work, but more exciting was the birth of David's nephew this morning.

Enjoy your week off!

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home