The Post that Saved my Life
I had visitors from Germany this week! Cheri and Andreas dropped in Sunday night! They're making their way north through Malaysia (they began in Singapore) and will eventually go on through Thailand. I think that when they got to my place, they were a bit tired.

They stayed for three nights, leaving early Wed morning. I went downtown on Mon eve to hook up with them around the Petronas towers. I had a lot of fun while they were here, and I think they did too. Besides being a little sleep-deprived (seeing as I have a job and all and am also gallavanting around town all night), it was great to see them.

Andreas (who is very well travelled) makes fun of many tourists. He says that we go on our travels to get a sense of a new country and try to jam in so much stuff that we don't really get a chance to experience things at all. He sees it all the time with tourists going through Europe. He really takes his own advice to heart: We hung around the Petronas towers (looking at them and taking pictures of them, and then looking at them some more) for over 3 hours!! Even when we (Cher and I) were ready to go, he wanted more time to take it all in!

He did, however, get some neat photos of the towers:

Cher said that if she didn't make the blog after coming all the way here to visit, she'll "come back and kill [me]". So, with this post...(see title)!
Andreas, Cher: Great to have you here! All the best as you continue your journey!

They stayed for three nights, leaving early Wed morning. I went downtown on Mon eve to hook up with them around the Petronas towers. I had a lot of fun while they were here, and I think they did too. Besides being a little sleep-deprived (seeing as I have a job and all and am also gallavanting around town all night), it was great to see them.

Andreas (who is very well travelled) makes fun of many tourists. He says that we go on our travels to get a sense of a new country and try to jam in so much stuff that we don't really get a chance to experience things at all. He sees it all the time with tourists going through Europe. He really takes his own advice to heart: We hung around the Petronas towers (looking at them and taking pictures of them, and then looking at them some more) for over 3 hours!! Even when we (Cher and I) were ready to go, he wanted more time to take it all in!

He did, however, get some neat photos of the towers:

Cher said that if she didn't make the blog after coming all the way here to visit, she'll "come back and kill [me]". So, with this post...(see title)!
Andreas, Cher: Great to have you here! All the best as you continue your journey!

2 Comments:
Woohoo! i made the blog.....that was totally worth the trip to Asia!...but, I did notice that it is the only post you have with NO comments.....clearly none of our friends on the other side of the world are as interested in me ;)
But seriously though, thanks for letting us crash, and using your excellent tour guide skills (for those of you who don't know...despite the fact that Leon has been living just outside KL for months now, I'm not sure he's ever actually been in the city) to show us around. The rest of our trip was great! Home in Germany now, but exhausted! Hope you are enjoying your week off
Sorry Cheri, it's not as though I'm uninterested...I actually haven't visited Leon's blog since the end of September. See it's clearly not you. It's Leon. ;)
Glad you had an excellent time though! Nice pictures.
Post a Comment
<< Home